Custom Rifle Build – Savage 10 TR on MDT TAC21 Features:
The TAC21™ chassis system a combination of benchrest accuracy, superior ergonomics and specialized design. This chassis brings the bolt action rifles to the next level in versatility and modularity with an instant improvement in accuracy.
The chassis system is manufactured out of billet 6061-T6 aluminum, which has been hard anodized to mil spec type III for extra strength, and has been finished with Cerakote™ in Black.
TAC21™ chassis is engineered to minimize warping and distortion. The rifle receiver only makes contact with the TAC21™ chassis on the V shape bedding and recoil lug area insuring the best accuracy and repeatability. The generous clearance on the fore-end makes any barrel (diameter up to the receiver size – 1.350”), free floating.
Inherently the TAC21™ has a straight-line design, meaning that the recoil comes straight back instead of making the front of the rifle kick upwards. This results in more accurate and quicker follow up shots. This also translates to a decrease in felt recoil and comfort.
- Increases accuracy by up to 28%
- CNC Machined from 6061 aluminum
- Cerakote Finish in Black or Flat Dark Earth
- 20 MOA built in top rail
- Hole spacing for Magpul L5(11slot) and L3(7slot)Rails
- Lightweight, free-floating modular fore-end
- Will accommodate barrels as thick as the action
- Compatible with AICS style magazines in .223 or .308 (SA) and 300WM, 30.06, 338LM (LA). (Long Action Magazine length 3.715)
- Weight: 3lb – 3.6lb
Modular Driven Technologies Skeleton Stock
The MDT Skeleton Rifle Stock V3 is designed for the TAC21 chassis system.
This version (V3) has several improvements over the first version:
– It is 1″ longer. (Still 1″ shorter than the Magpul PRS)
– Cheek riser has been textured for a more desirable surface finish
– Overall improved mechanics to eliminate play.
– Total Weight: 2.4lb – 1.2kg